Monday, January 17, 2011

Le sigh.

I am sleepy today.
I only pressed snooze one time, and after dirtying up my newly organized closet, I decided on something to wear. I'm thinking of doing something similar to Kendi with my clothes...the 30 for 30. You don't shop for 30 days, and have 30 pieces of clothing to make 30 outfits. I don't know if that was clear. But...I need to do something so I don't shop so much. I'm having a bit of a budget crisis and since I'm back at school, all I want to do is go to Chicago and shop.

But, alas, I can not do that. I am poor.

Anyway. That will start (if it does...) after next week, which is 'recruitment'...aka rush. I'm not certain being in a sorority is my cup of tea, however, after isolating for a semester and alienating lots of folks, I could use some more friends.

(even though I might transfer. oof.) Does anyone know of mediocre schools in the suburbs of great cities that are fun-sized, without being suffocating?

Now, I'll get around to explaining this new-ness.
Well. no, I won't. I wrote this on the plane yesterday. I don't feel like re-vamping it for today. So. here is yesterday's explanation.

Today is one of those days where nothing is comfortable. My leggings cut into my rib cage, my underwear is bunched up, and my ponytail is at the exact spot on my head where it hits the back of the seat, awkwardly. One of those days, where I remember how fabulous my bed is and just want to snuggle under my covers with my teddy bear. These days generally thrust me into a funk where I have multiple binge purge cycles, while I lay on the couch watching TLC in my sweatpants.  However, my mind hardly went there today, which is why all of the things that are making me crazy are ok, and even amusing. Yeah, there’s a baby crying on my airplane, and the overhead bins are full, so my backpack is hogging my leg room…but I had shrimp fried rice for lunch and even got a smoothie for my afternoon snack. I love realizing those irritating little nuggets, but being amused at them rather than having them send me into raging bitch mode.

Today is a good day. So, I decided to start this new blog to have the focus be on me, and not my eating disorder. That’s something about me, let’s call it “a fun fact”. (Granted, it’s not the kind of fun fact I’d offer during ‘the name game’ on the first day of class, but a fact nonetheless.) It’s probably a little cheesy, but there is so much more about me than my struggles,so I’m coverting this post into things about me that don’t include ED.

1.     I love fashion blogs. Mainly because I'm indecisive and steal outfit ideas from others. oopsies.
2.     I have an obsession with the special features of movies. It’s a deciding factor between two completely different movies. Just commentaries? Forget it. I want the bloopers, a ‘behind the scenes’ clip filmed by a cast member, cast interviews, and the director’s spiel about how (s)he came up with the movie, and about the hardships they went through getting the rights and what not. Yes, I love special features.
3.     I hate hate hate showering. I sit there and think of reasons not to shower. It’s disgusting. I won’t tell you the last time I showered…but…I’m going to do so tonight…my hair has loads of grease in it. Kind of ridiculous, but no one’s complained about my stench…yet. I AM on a crowded airplane.
4.     I buy books. A lot. But I don’t really read them…ever. I love bookstores, and the smell of new books…but the ole noggin doesn’t read like it used to.
5.     I probably watch Mean Girls weekly, at least. Yes, I can quote every damn line, but I just can’t get enough of the WIT. I’ll stop now, or I may never stop…all I’ve gotta say is…that’s the ugliest effing skirt I’ve ever seen.
6.     Same with Friends. I’ll be there for youuuuuuuuuu….

I'm sure there are more, but for now, I'm going to...um...I don't know. Do homework? Doubtful. 
Oh, ps. My blog name is "musings of me" in French. The title is silly, but French makes it sound so pretty and fun.

1 comment:

  1. you inspired me to make a blog...more about me. Not just my ED but about me :)

    ReplyDelete